Thursday, August 24, 2006

MY FIRST FLIGHT TRAVEL

It was the 11th of July 2006 and it was my 22nd birthday. I was asked to go for training in pune. I was enjoying my birthday with my friends and colleagues. I was excited to travel by flight for the first time in my life and I was all alone by myself. The flight was scheduled to depart at 10:20 pm. I had too many imaginations before boarding the flight. Many questions were running around in my mind like would anyone help me there if I commit a mistake and etc?
I left to the airport at around 9:00 P.M from my home. My friend took me to the airport and we reached the airport by 9:30 p.m. I didn’t know what I was supposed to do next. Then, I thought it was best that I observed everyone like what they were doing and follow the same way, then got my boarding pass. I told them that it was my first time, and asked them to guide me. The person at the counter asked me to go to the next gate for scanning the luggage. At that time, I saw a guy who was also going to take the same flight. I followed him till the flight. They took us in a bus to the flight. Finally, I got in to the flight and got into my seat.
No one was there in my row and it was a middle seat (3 seats were there). I had several questions going on in my mind like was it good to sit in the middle seat if you are travelling for the first time..?. I was waiting for the passengers who were going to sit next to me. I was telling myself, would they come? Or I have to sit all alone in my row. Would any teenage girl come and sit next to me?. Well it was my first time.. And what if I commit any mistake, I didn’t want to be embarrassed by my own actions. God. But I comforted myself that next time some beautiful girl should come and sit next to me..!!
As it was getting late for takeoff, I was getting nervous, again my mind had many questions. I wanted to know if they had checked the air and fuel level properly. Was everything fine? I was getting nightmares about the quality of Indian domestic flights. Was i doing the right thing?? Then, two guys came and sat next to me. I thought of introducing myself to them. But I didn't. … Never knew why??
It was 9:20. They had just announced that the flight was ready to take off. To be true I was really afraid of what would happen next. Why did I ever want to board a flight? Was it possible for me to get down now..?? Well everyone else was finding it easy except me. I was hoping that they will help me out if anything went wrong. Then, they were announcing the safety guide lines. I was listening properly (I never listened the classes in my college and school.). I was waiting for my destination and praying to god. Every time I looked out I was getting more tensed. Yes I was really afraid. After we reached around 27,000 feet the safety belt sign went off. So most of my questions on safety were getting answered and I was starting to feel comfortable and safe. But we had to travel for some more time. They gave us dinner. It took around an hour to reach pune.
After the landing I was very happy and excited because I was still alive. That was it. Nothing happened, everything came to peaceful end… well anyone can travel. Then, why had I been worrying all this time? It was 11:30. I had to take a taxi to reach the hotel. It took an hour from the airport. By the time I settled down in my hotel room the time was 12:40. I didn’t get any sleep at all after that tiresome journey; well one can guess that I was very excited. I was thinking about my flight travel. Then, I made a promise to myself that soon I should travel with my mother by flight. Altogether it was a great experience.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very spontaneous Prabhu...Cool!

Anonymous said...

good, neat work...

Anonymous said...

Very nice snap yaah
Good work

Anonymous said...

ruggu
-------------
very nice snap yaah

Good work ..

Santhosh K.R. said...

De... you were all alone by urself eh??? yenda ippadi ol adikkara??? naanga dhaan airport laye paathomey nee thaniya poniya illa yaar koodavaavadhu poniyannu:-)

Anonymous said...

It was pune trip da. I went alone.

கார்த்திக் பிரபு said...

dai yaruda andha arthi? sollavey illa?