Saturday, August 26, 2006

Kakegawa Castle


Today, 26/08/06, I started from my home to The Kakegawa Castle, which is located in the southern part of Japan. It took around an hour from my home.
Beautiful flowers were dancing in the wind and welcomed us. It was a pleasant view. What a nice place it was. We bought tickets and went inside the Hall of Kakegawa Castle. The palace is one of the best architectural wonders in the world. We took many photos in and out side the Castle. After going around the hall, we came down from the Castle and went into Ninomaru Tea Room; we had Japanese green tea which was like medicine for me.
They served us in their traditional way which I liked the most. Their presentation was just beautiful, the contemporary Japanese style. Then, we went to the Ninomaru museum and saw their tradional way of life and the things used by them in their day to day life. It was very much similar to our Indian tradition. The culture in Japan has changed a lot by the influence of the western world. It is rare to find people in their traditional dress, called Kimono.
Then, I tried on the soldiers (samurai) dress and took snaps.
It was looking like a Japanese movie studio, it was a nice experience. Then, from there we went to the beach, which made me remember my old days of living in Chennai. I couldn’t take many photos there as I was running late behind my tight schedule. While returning, I was thinking about my college days. I was really missing Chennai a lot. All together, it was a nice experience and I spent a day. Spending a day in Japan out of office is very difficult as I am alone in a foreign country and have no idea about the local language - Japanese.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics Prabhu!

நெல்லைக் கிறுக்கன் said...

அய்யா பிரபு,
நல்லா எழுதுதீரு. தொடந்து எழுதும். அப்புறம் கடயத்துக்கார ஆளுக எல்லாம் ஏன் சொல்லி வச்ச மாரி கருப்பு பேக்ரவுண்டு வச்சிருக்கீக?

ஜப்பானப் பத்தி படத்தோட நெறய எழுதுமய்யா...

கார்த்திக் பிரபு said...

nellai kirukan kadaythil endha area pa?